Denzil Smith Age, Height, Spouse, Family, Biography & More
Denzil Smith Age Height Wife Family Biography & More: Good afternoon Friends Welcome To GoodnightImage.Net In this post I am the Share all the information about Denzil Smith Age, Height, Spouse, Family, Biography & More, hoping that you will like this blog about it. Like Denzil Smith Age, Height, Spouse, Family, Biography & More sister, awards, net worth, daughter, children, biography, birthday, brother, son, Marriage, Wedding photos, Engagement, biography in Hindi, children, date of birth, dob, details, email id, car, contact number, income, lifestyle, family, father name and more. You can read the biography and Info of many such popular people here.
Denzil Leonard Smith, known as the. known as Denzil Smith, is an Actor, Producer, who hails from India and is primarily known for his amazing performances throughout his career. He has built an extensive career and has acted in over 45 plays and 50 films. He established himself as a successful actor and producer who has also worked as a voice actor in theater plays, films and television serials, radio, a media person, and a producer.
he was born on 6 th November 1960, Mumbai, India, where he was raised and grew up with siblings Cheryl Roy Smith (Sister) and Lionel Smith (Brother). He belongs to an Anglo-Indian family and is born to John Smith and Kathleen Maude Shepherd.
Denzil Smith attributes his success to his parents as it was his father who introduced him to the field of theater and music.
Denzil Smith studied at St Andrew’s, Bandra, and later attended the University of Mumbai where he studied English Literature.
Denzil Smith began his career as a film producer under the guidance of Alvake Padamsee, the CEO of an advertising agency, Lintas – Adman.
He left his corporate career in 1988 and started focusing on stage acting. He then took voice training at the National Center for the Performing Arts, Mumbai under the guidance of Pratap Sharma and Dr. Ashok Ranade.
Later, he started working as a theater actor and acted in various plays. Initially, he worked with the veteran actor, Naseeruddin Shah handjob Ratna Pathak. Later, he became a member of Shah’s Motley Fool Productions – a theater group formed by Naseeruddin Shah and others.
>Denzil Smith Age, Height, Spouse, Family, Biography & More
Religions: Christianity DOB: 06/11/1960 Spouse: Carissa Hickling
Some Lesser Knowadaysn Facts About Denzil Smith
- Does Cheran smoke?: Yes
- Does Cheran drink alcohol?: Yes
- Denzil Smith was born in an Anglo-Indian family. His father died when he was eleven years old..
- Denzil Smith (right) with his mother and brother, Lionel Smith
- Denzil Smith’s father was very fond of music. His father was not only a singer but also played various instruments like accordion, violin, piano and ukulele. Denzil inherited a love of art, music and theatre from his father. His father sang with the Paranjyoti chorus and was also an amateur theater artist. Denzil often accompanied his father to his concerts and rehearsals; And was fascinated when his father performed in a play called “The Monkey’s Paw”.
- He is a post graduate in English Literature. Smith received vocal training from the National Center for the Performing Arts, Mumbai.
- When Smith was in college, he used to watch 28 Hollywood movies a month.
- He started acting drama when he was in school. He starred in Dennis Potter’s own play “Son of Man” when he was 15 years old. Before becoming an actor, Smith worked in an advertising company. To establish himself as an actor, he quit his job and started working as a film executive under actor Alik Padamsee.
- Alik Padamsee
- He made his theater debut with Adrian Mitchell’s play “Man Friday”. Smith came into the limelight with Pearl Padamsee’s play “Les Liaisons Dangerous”, where he played the role of Ratna Pathak and of Naseeruddin Shah Worked with .
- After his appearance in the above play, he joined Naseeruddin Shah’s theater group. He was also a part of Lillete Dubey’s theater group. Smith has also appeared in the musical production “The Merchants of Bollywood” and the dance musical “Taj Express”.
- Apart from acting in theater plays, Denzil has organized plays in “Celebrate Bandra”. Denzil was also part of “Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat” directed by Carl Mendes, which was a huge hit in Bombay in 1977–78.
- Denzil Smith during a play
- One of the films that helped shape his acting career was “Mango Souffl” released in 2002. However, she made her debut in the year 2001 with the film “Pyaar, Ishq Aur Mohabbat”. Smith also appeared in Sin (2003) and Frozen (2007)..
- Paap. in Denzil Smith
- Denzil Smith has also acted in several independent films such as Shobhayatra (2004), The Memsahib (2006), Mumbai Salsa (2007), The Lunchbox (2013), etc. In 2019, he appeared in “Photograph”, which premiered. Sundance Movie Festival.
- Denzil Smith in ‘The Lunchbox’
- Apart from appearing in several Bollywood projects, Smith has also appeared in several Hollywood films such as “One Night with the King” (2007), The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011), The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2015). Brahman Naman ”(2016). One of his most significant Hollywood appearances has been the 2017-release “Viceroy’s House” in which he played the role of Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
- Denzil Smith in “The Viceroy’s House”
- For the role of Muhammad Ali Jinnah in “Viceroy’s House”, he lost 14 and a half kilos in 40 days.
- Denzil has appeared in many Indian as well as International TV serials. He starred in “The Sword of Tipu Sultan” (1990), “Time Bomb 9/11” (2005), “Hansa: A Love Story,” “Rishtey,” “CID,” “Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi”. He has appeared in web-series as well as “Made in Heaven” (2019), “Delhi Crime” (2019), and “Mind the Malhotras” (2019).
- Denzil Smith in ‘Mind the Malhotras’
- Hollywood actor Ben Kingsley congratulated her for her performance in the play “Letters to a Daughter from Prison”.
- Denzil often lends his voice to documentaries, radio shows and commercials. He has generally been selected for dubbing of various English films in Hindi language. Apart from this, he has also done a lot of voiceovers.
- Denzil Smith’s love for jazz music has led to him being seen as the host of various concerts and other events. Smith is credited with organizing a jazz tribute concert on the occasion of International Jazz Day. He is also associated with various charities.
- Apart from being a full-time theatre, voice-over artist and a film-actor, Denzil also manages his own production house- “Stagesmith Productions”, which he founded in the year 2006.
- His most memorable character is Smith’s character “Lucky” in Beckett’s “Waiting for Godot”.
- He considers actor Naseeruddin Shah as his mentor and mentor.
- His plays are staged not only in India but also in North America, Britain and Europe, South-East Asia and Australia.
- He is very good friends with theater personality- Arif Zakaria..
- Denzil Smith and Arif Zakaria
- Because of his name and appearance, he was often offered the role of an English man in Hindi films, but he turned them down.
- He considers theater to be therapeutic for himself.
- He is inspired by Jack Nicholson, Laurence Olivier, Woody Allen, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino.
- Denzil is also well versed in Urdu, Konkani and Marathi.
- In addition to acting, he can also play the guitar, sing and dance (ballroom and jive).
Denzil Smith Images/pics/photo and Wallpaper HD
Denzil Smith Biography Video
Here is a cool collection of Sumita Sanyal Biography. We hope to enjoy this Picture now. If you like this post you can share it with your friends now.